我在医院工作,是一名护士。
Wǒ zài yīyuàn gōngzuò, shì yī míng hùshi.
I work in a hospital as a nurse.
A Bowl of Noodles Late at Night. 28 sentences you can read in full today. Audio for the whole shelf lands with the full library.
我在医院工作,是一名护士。
Wǒ zài yīyuàn gōngzuò, shì yī míng hùshi.
I work in a hospital as a nurse.
常常要工作到夜里十一点。
Chángcháng yào gōngzuò dào yè lǐ shí yī diǎn.
I often have to work until eleven at night.
那个时候,饭店差不多都关了。
Nàge shíhou, fàndiàn chàbuduō dōu guān le.
By that time almost all the restaurants are closed.
只有医院对面的小店还开着。
Zhǐyǒu yīyuàn duìmiàn de xiǎo diàn hái kāi zhe.
Only the small shop across from the hospital is still open.
那是一家卖面的小店。
Nà shì yī jiā mài miàn de xiǎo diàn.
It is a small noodle shop.
老板五十多岁,平时不太爱说话。
Lǎobǎn wǔ shí duō suì, píngshí bù tài ài shuōhuà.
The owner is in his fifties and does not talk much.
可是他做的面,是我吃过最好吃的。
Kěshì tā zuò de miàn, shì wǒ chī guò zuìhǎo chī de.
But the noodles he makes are the best I have ever had.
我下班晚的时候,总去他那儿。
Wǒ xiàbān wǎn de shíhou, zǒng qù tā nàr.
Whenever I get off work late, I go to his shop.
吃一碗热面,身上就暖和了。
Chī yī wǎn rè miàn, shēn shàng jiù nuǎnhuo le.
A bowl of hot noodles warms me up.
去得多了,他记住了我。
Qù de duō le, tā jì zhù le wǒ.
After many visits he remembered me.
我一进门,他就问,还是老样子?
Wǒ yī jìn mén, tā jiù wèn, háishi lǎo yàngzi?
The moment I walk in he asks, the usual?
我说是,他就到后面去做。
Wǒ shuō shì, tā jiù dào hòumiàn qù zuò.
I say yes, and he goes to the back to cook.
面里有肉,有菜,还有一个鸡蛋。
Miàn lǐ yǒu ròu, yǒu cài, hái yǒu yī gè jīdàn.
The noodles have meat, vegetables, and an egg.
有一天夜里,我特别累。
Yǒu yī tiān yè lǐ, wǒ tèbié lèi.
One night I was especially tired.
白天有两个病人走了。
Báitiān yǒu liǎng gè bìngrén zǒu le.
Two patients had passed away that day.
我坐在那儿,一口也不想吃。
Wǒ zuò zài nàr, yī kǒu yě bù xiǎng chī.
I sat there and did not feel like eating a single bite.
老板把面放在桌子上,看了看我。
Lǎobǎn bǎ miàn fàng zài zhuōzi shàng, kàn le kàn wǒ.
The owner put the noodles on the table and looked at me.
他又拿来一个鸡蛋,放进我的碗里。
Tā yòu ná lái yī gè jīdàn, fàng jìn wǒ de wǎn lǐ.
He brought one more egg and put it into my bowl.
他说,今天我请客。
Tā shuō, jīntiān wǒ qǐngkè.
He said, today it is on me.
他告诉我,他的女儿也在外地当护士。
Tā gàosu wǒ, tā de nǚ’ér yě zài wàidì dāng hùshi.
He told me his daughter is also a nurse in another city.
也常常工作到这么晚。
Yě chángcháng gōngzuò dào zhème wǎn.
She also often works this late.
他说,看见你,我就想起她。
Tā shuō, kànjiàn nǐ, wǒ jiù xiǎng qǐ tā.
He said, seeing you makes me think of her.
那天晚上,我把那碗面全吃了。
Nà tiān wǎnshang, wǒ bǎ nà wǎn miàn quán chī le.
That night I finished the whole bowl.
连汤也喝完了。
Lián tāng yě hē wán le.
I even finished the soup.
走出小店的时候,身上不冷了。
Zǒu chū xiǎo diàn de shíhou, shēn shàng bù lěng le.
When I walked out of the shop, I no longer felt cold.
现在我还是常去。
Xiànzài wǒ háishi cháng qù.
I still go there often now.
有的时候不是为了吃面。
Yǒude shíhou bù shì wèile chī miàn.
Sometimes it is not about the noodles.
是想看看那个还亮着的灯。
Shì xiǎng kàn kàn nàge hái liàng zhe de dēng.
I just want to see that light that is still on.
What does the writer do?
Why does she go to that small shop late at night?
What did the owner do that special night?
Why is the writer special to the owner?
Nice reading. The bird saw everything.